1.23.2010

Absolutely perfect (almost)

Okay, the tournament results are in and I was absolutely perfect, almost. I placed second in the tournament which had 4 rounds. I would tell you how Brent and evil homer did, but I don't want to spoil the fun of their posts. I think we had 14 players and the armies that I can remeber were 2 chaos demons, 1 dark angel, 1 tyranid (old codex), white scares, guard, dark eldar, demon hunters, blood angels, ork, space wolves, crimson fist, tau, and my chaos space marines. Round 1 I played against the dark angels and in this game we had 3 objectives, and the secondary objective was table quarters. I had some terrible luck with my terminators, and my lesser demons died on the mishap table. I ended up with a minor victory due to grabbing more table quarters. What's funny is I played this guy the night before and almost tabled him, but this time I just barely got by. Game 2 was against demon hunters and the thing about his list was that he had two crusader land raiders which made me nervous. For the mission we had 4 objectives and I can't remember what the secondary objective was. I did manage to kill both land raiders on turn 3, and my opponent did have some bad luck rolling against me. I got a major victory against the demon hunters. Round 3 was against orks and a fairly new player. I talked tactics with him the night before and I think it paid off for him. He was running a horde type list with snikrot, a warboss on a bike, and a large squad of commandos who would out flank (or what ever the rule is called, ambush I think). He ended up with the major victory due to kill points, but we only got through 4 turns. I am fairly confident that had it gone one more turn I would have had him. I do not feel that he was slow playing me on purpose due to the fact that he is a new player. I could have rushed his turns but I wanted him to be able to think about what he was going to do next, and you can't do that with someone telling you to hurry up and move 90 models. My last match up was against the dreaded white scars and their retarded command squad. I managed a major victory after finally killing his command squad with just about everything I had. In the first half of the game my dice were failing me badly and I was getting pretty pissed, but I stayed with it and then my opponent's dice went way south on him the last 2 rounds. Nothing makes you feel better than watching the dice gods attack someone else's dice for a change. The tournament went well, although I would have liked to have seen at least one mission without having to claim an objective. Next month is 1500 pts and I might add a greater demon and another demon prince, go min max.
Here was my 1250 list:
Hq Demon prince: slaanesh, wings, lash
5 terminators: champion with power fist combi melta, 1 heavy flamer power fist, 3 power weapons 1w/ combi melta
8 lesser demons
7 plague marines in rhino: 2 meltas, 1 with a personal icon, 3 bolters, 1 champion w/ power fist.
rhino has havoc launcher.
10 man marines in rhino: 2 meltas, 1 chaos glory, 6 bolters, champion w/ power fist.
rhino has havoc launcher
2 oblits
Dreadnought: twin link auto cannon, missile launcher

Most of the games I put everything in reserves except for the 2 rhino squads and the demon prince. I would move forward with one or both rhinos and deep strike off of the icons use meltas off of termies or oblits to pop vehicles. Use the lash from the demon prince to keep heavy hitting units back, and pull scoring units off of objectives. The lesser demons would claim an objective close to home and would go to ground in cover if shot at. They are fearless so you don't have to take a leadership test from shooting. That's it, pretty simple plan for success.

Sorry if I butchered the ork stuff or anything else, I'm to lazy to check names of characters or their rules.

No comments:

(A new favorite!) Anon: I haven’t even bothered playing a game of 6th yet, cause I have read the rules, and actually understand how they interact with units. I know my armies no longer function how they should, and so I need to change them.

Strictly Average: 'cause 6-inches is all you get.

Stalking Jawaballs since 2009.

Jawaballs: "My butt just tightened up."

Brent, preferred 2-to-1 over Not Brent in a recent, scientific poll.

Brent: emptied the Kool Aid and DRINKING YOUR MILKSHAKE with an extra-long straw.

Unicorns don't exist.

Home of the Stormbuster, the Dyson Pattern Storm Raven.

I'm a comment whore and this whore is getting no play.

Not Brent hurts Brent's feelings.

I think, therefore I blog.

"You should stop writing for everyone else and worry about your crappy blog." - Anon.

Not Brent has been spotted lurking around with a green marker.

He's not like a bad guy from a cartoon, all devious but never quite evil, Not Brent is bad beans, man, bad beans.

Dethtron: "Again I feel obliged to remind you that trying to sound smart only works if you are."

MVB: "I am not one to join the unwashed masses of self-titled 40k experts out there distributing advice from their blogs about exactly how your list should be built..."

Shiner Bock on tap: that's how I choose hotels.

Strictly Average: The Home of Hugs and Gropings.

Don't feed the trolls!

MoD: "Welcome to Brent's head."

Competitive is Consistent.

Dethtron: "...you could use that extra time to figure out a way to get your panties unbunched and perform a sandectomy on your vagina."

Dethtron: “When calling someone an idiot, it's generally best to avoid making grammatical mistakes.”

Warboss Stalin: "You know, if it actually WAS funny, maybe I wouldn't mind."

Mike Brandt: "It's not a successful bachelor party if you don't misplace someone".

"The Master Manipulator (every store needs one): "...now, enough stroking."

Kirby: "I don't know about gropings. Seriously, Brent, keep it in the pants, please."

Loquacious: "No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get Hugs & Gropings or Stalks Jawaballs into Brent's little tribute."

Captain Kellen: "I rate this article a Brent on the Faith Hill to Nancy Pelosi scale!"

Drathmere: "Come for the balls, stay for the Brent? Kind of disturbing, man."

Go no further, lest thee see something thine eyes would fain look past!

Isabelle: "So, thank you for supporting your local and not so local unicorns. A noble gesture like that can show some scared kids out there that they don't have to hide from everyone and it's ok to be who they really are."

There is nothing more interesting than We The People... in all our beautiful, ugly glory!

On Internet Advice: You see, I have an almost religious belief that's it's a huge, colossal waste of time.

...I think I'll call it the Gun Shy Pattern Stormbuster, because after the Internet destroyed my first humble effort, I find I'm a bit worried about the reaction to this one.

Lauby: "Is it left over from that time you thought that you could just complete step one 12 times to meet the mandates of that court order?"

Not Brent: "I guess we'll have to read on and find out. Signed, Not Brent. Especially today."

Cynthia Davis: "I think the scrolling text is from Glen Beck's new book."

Grimaldi: "Spamming certain units creates interesting possibilities but also fatal weaknesses."

Purgatus: "Math can inform decisions. It cannot make decisions."

Thoughts? Comments? Hugs and gropings?

You'd be that much quicker to figure out what I mean when I refer to a Unicorn if I covered it in a rainbow flag.

SinSynn: (To Brent) "Curse you and your insidious influence on the internets..."

Dave G (N++): "You know you're an internet celebrity when your following is more akin to tabloids."

I prefer the term Internet Personality (or IP) myself, seeing as how I coined it.

Lauby: "Your attempt to humanize him as failed. I feel nothing but scorn for his beard - it's like a warcrime or something."

BBF: "I've always thought you are a good player but I finally figured out that you are a great player. It's hard to see sometimes because your personality is engaging, sincere and quite charming - to me that is kind of a rare combination."

'Clearly cheating?' I didn't misspeak: you jumped to conclusions. If you'd like to apologize I'll be happy to send you an autographed picture of my ass.

Ass.

I thought I was doing alright before I realized I was losing.

Age and treachery beats youth and vigor every time.

Popular Posts