7.20.2010

The Little Barrera Beatdown...

...is what it sounds like; his Vampire Counts beat me up good.

Again.  Here's me walking into the maw...

The problem playing Little Barrera at 1000pts is dealing with the Banshee.  Both my characters have magic weapons, but the Banshee is a smooth criminal, dancing around.  My Bray Shaman has got the SELF-EDIT *female dog's* number though.  He chooses death magic, rolls double 6's, and takes the signature spell and another direct damage!  Great stuff!  Let's snipe her back for once!
What's this?  I roll double 6's again - this time to cast?  Miscast... but at least the spell goes off, right?  I beat her total by 1 point, doing 1 wound... then an explosion rocks my unit, sending little gory bits flying!
At least my wizard is okay.  He only took one wound.  I rolled a 4 on the miscast table, by the way... I finish reading it, then roll a 2.  I'm sucked into the warp.
In the subsequent turn, Little Barrera tarpits my shocked Bestigors with Zombies.  I survive, then double charge him, wiping the Zombies out.  I feel great!
Still feeling great, I reform.  The marker on my chariot is 'cause I'm not sure how to handle that reform.  He was within one inch of the unit when he charged, but does his reform put him an inch away now?  That's how we handle it, but it is something to look up later.  Here comes a charge, but I'm feeling okay... why, you ask?  Because my General should be able to hit the Banshee unit at some point, and beating them is still the key to winning.
*sigh*  Little Barrera shows me just how stupid all my positive thinking is by pointing out how out of position I put myself by charging a 90 point unit of Zombies with my entire army.  He double charges my Gors, which is the obvious great move I missed... and also gave him.  I should have tilted the unit so any pursuit wouldn't slam into my General's Bestigors.
The Banshee screams.  That's two Chariots the SELF-EDIT *female dog* has destroyed.
Uh oh!  The two units send my Gors running.  My Bestigors panic...
...I rally and reform...
...I'll fight to the death...
...oh.  That's what that looks like.

SELF-EDIT.

8 comments:

Master Manipulator (every store needs one) said...

Nice, way to hurt his hand on your face.

Master Manipulator (every store needs one) said...

I think I have figured something out. Unlike normal deamons that tend to feed on the souls of their victims, I think Little Barrera feeds on the confidence of his victims. Show up for a game with confidence and he gobbles it up and becomes stronger.

Perhaps you should arrive feeling bad about yourself. You may still lose, but no need to feed the deamon.

CounterFett said...

Well, look at the bright side...
You sure schooled those zombies.

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on hitting 100 followers. Maybe now you're the stalkable one?!

Oh and good job on the "self-edits"...

Chumbalaya said...

I know the feeling, Banshee one-shotted my Doomwheel today ;_;

Brent said...

I've been thinking about it and I need to play smarter. I'm going to try to break down the army, how I've been playing it, and what I can do to improve.

That should be fun for a series of posts!

Gauthic said...

When playing VC's you go for the assassination of the Necro/Vamp General, not the troops.

Once that's done the army falls apart around itself.

Now against LB, this isn't an easy task as he's a smart player, but with lucky shots it's very possible (especially if the vamp/necro decides to miscast a few times too!).

Master Manipulator (every store needs one) said...

That leads back to my courage issue. LB has the courage to only cast one die at a time and take his chances rolling a 1 or 2 so he will not miscast.

It takes will power, but he has that in spades.

(A new favorite!) Anon: I haven’t even bothered playing a game of 6th yet, cause I have read the rules, and actually understand how they interact with units. I know my armies no longer function how they should, and so I need to change them.

Strictly Average: 'cause 6-inches is all you get.

Stalking Jawaballs since 2009.

Jawaballs: "My butt just tightened up."

Brent, preferred 2-to-1 over Not Brent in a recent, scientific poll.

Brent: emptied the Kool Aid and DRINKING YOUR MILKSHAKE with an extra-long straw.

Unicorns don't exist.

Home of the Stormbuster, the Dyson Pattern Storm Raven.

I'm a comment whore and this whore is getting no play.

Not Brent hurts Brent's feelings.

I think, therefore I blog.

"You should stop writing for everyone else and worry about your crappy blog." - Anon.

Not Brent has been spotted lurking around with a green marker.

He's not like a bad guy from a cartoon, all devious but never quite evil, Not Brent is bad beans, man, bad beans.

Dethtron: "Again I feel obliged to remind you that trying to sound smart only works if you are."

MVB: "I am not one to join the unwashed masses of self-titled 40k experts out there distributing advice from their blogs about exactly how your list should be built..."

Shiner Bock on tap: that's how I choose hotels.

Strictly Average: The Home of Hugs and Gropings.

Don't feed the trolls!

MoD: "Welcome to Brent's head."

Competitive is Consistent.

Dethtron: "...you could use that extra time to figure out a way to get your panties unbunched and perform a sandectomy on your vagina."

Dethtron: “When calling someone an idiot, it's generally best to avoid making grammatical mistakes.”

Warboss Stalin: "You know, if it actually WAS funny, maybe I wouldn't mind."

Mike Brandt: "It's not a successful bachelor party if you don't misplace someone".

"The Master Manipulator (every store needs one): "...now, enough stroking."

Kirby: "I don't know about gropings. Seriously, Brent, keep it in the pants, please."

Loquacious: "No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get Hugs & Gropings or Stalks Jawaballs into Brent's little tribute."

Captain Kellen: "I rate this article a Brent on the Faith Hill to Nancy Pelosi scale!"

Drathmere: "Come for the balls, stay for the Brent? Kind of disturbing, man."

Go no further, lest thee see something thine eyes would fain look past!

Isabelle: "So, thank you for supporting your local and not so local unicorns. A noble gesture like that can show some scared kids out there that they don't have to hide from everyone and it's ok to be who they really are."

There is nothing more interesting than We The People... in all our beautiful, ugly glory!

On Internet Advice: You see, I have an almost religious belief that's it's a huge, colossal waste of time.

...I think I'll call it the Gun Shy Pattern Stormbuster, because after the Internet destroyed my first humble effort, I find I'm a bit worried about the reaction to this one.

Lauby: "Is it left over from that time you thought that you could just complete step one 12 times to meet the mandates of that court order?"

Not Brent: "I guess we'll have to read on and find out. Signed, Not Brent. Especially today."

Cynthia Davis: "I think the scrolling text is from Glen Beck's new book."

Grimaldi: "Spamming certain units creates interesting possibilities but also fatal weaknesses."

Purgatus: "Math can inform decisions. It cannot make decisions."

Thoughts? Comments? Hugs and gropings?

You'd be that much quicker to figure out what I mean when I refer to a Unicorn if I covered it in a rainbow flag.

SinSynn: (To Brent) "Curse you and your insidious influence on the internets..."

Dave G (N++): "You know you're an internet celebrity when your following is more akin to tabloids."

I prefer the term Internet Personality (or IP) myself, seeing as how I coined it.

Lauby: "Your attempt to humanize him as failed. I feel nothing but scorn for his beard - it's like a warcrime or something."

BBF: "I've always thought you are a good player but I finally figured out that you are a great player. It's hard to see sometimes because your personality is engaging, sincere and quite charming - to me that is kind of a rare combination."

'Clearly cheating?' I didn't misspeak: you jumped to conclusions. If you'd like to apologize I'll be happy to send you an autographed picture of my ass.

Ass.

I thought I was doing alright before I realized I was losing.

Age and treachery beats youth and vigor every time.

Popular Posts