Okay, I'm taking a short break between posting my games from last weekend's tournament; have no fear, gone are the days it takes me a month or more to post a day's worth of games, a la BoLSCon 2009...
...I recall it took me forever to post all those.
But I digress. This text is strictly business - I want your honest opinion. I want you kind folks to look at my competitive 2000pt Daemons list and tell me what you think. There are 3 to consider.
Here's my primary list synopsis:
(3) Herald of Tzeentch: Chariot, Gaze, Breath, Bolt, Master of Sorcery... 130pts
(3) Fiends: 6 models, 1 champion upgrade... 190pts
(4) Plague Bearers: 5 models... 75pts
(1) Flesh Hounds: 12 models plus Karnak... 230pts
(3) Daemon Prince of Tzeentch: Breath, Bolt... 170pts
Here's a few changes I was considering:
- 1 Herald
- Breath from the 2 remaining Heralds (they would cost 100 ea)
+ Great Unclean One with Breath
This is a variation of the army I ran at last week's tournament. At that event, I ran a significantly reduced Khornedogs unit, but it still worked just fine. I wanted to increase the size of the unit to make it a threat on par with the Fiends, but that's something that can be adjusted. Point is, this army includes the Great Unclean One with Breath, a surprisingly effective model on numerous fronts. I'm leaning heavily in this direction.
Lastly, here's a very trim, trim list. It takes off options that I've grown to love, such as Breath, in favor of increased unit numbers.
(4) Herald of Tzeentch: Chariot, Gaze, Bolt, Master of Sorcery... 100pts
(3) Fiends: 6 models, 1 champion... 190pts
(1) Plague Bearers: 5 models, Icon... 100pts
(3) Plague Bearers: 5 models... 75pts
(1) Flesh Hounds: 7 models plus Karnak... 155pts
(1) Flesh Hounds: 8 models, 1 champion upgrade... 130pts
(3) Daemon Prince of Tzeentch: Bolt... 140pts
This army lacks Breath but adds two units to the army's total. That's 16 units in the army, so I could stack a drop of 8. (The other two variations are 14 total.) As an aside, this army looks much closer to the ideal Stelek created for me.
The changes happened due to play-testing, as all good changes should: I found I was getting huge mileage from Breath of Chaos... to the point I seriously question my army's effectiveness without it.
Obviously, I hope to get more play-testing in prior to BoLSCon, which is the next major event I'm attending. As a note, I still hope to attend Hard Boyz, but I've got to try and find a Sunday event, since GW in its wisdom scheduled Hard Boyz for the most popular college graduation date of the month.
Let me know what you think - Brent
Just my luck. I finish my Storm Raven a day after it's announced GW is producing one. I have another kit; I intended to photo a walk-t...
"If there is one thing we here at Privateer Press pride ourselves on, it's listening to our audience. You guys and gals have been d...
Okay, folks, let's take a brief look at the goodies you MUST can purchase to supplement your games of Warhammer 8th Edition. CliffNot...
Painting vehicles sucks. In fairness, I don't know the tricks. I'm doing a line effect between the armor plating of my Storm Rav...