|Here's my acquisition - bagged up like drugs!|
I picked the Bugs. So am I a sucker for punishment? Here's the current direction I'm considering.
This deviates significantly from where their Theory Hammer was taking them, but some of the thinking is borrowed (read that as 'lifted' or 'stolen') whole cloth.
I do that - especially with Evil Homer. It's why it sucks he's leaving. He's heading to Austin in 3-months and will no doubt contribute enormously to the community there. He's a shark, guys; don't say I didn't warn you.
Moving on, here are some bullet points to consider:
- The Elites choice is stacked with great options, but considering anti-mech is all-important, too often the choice is only how are you going to split the 3 spots among Zoanthropes and Hive Guard?
- It's for that reason one must go outside the Elites to supplement non-close assault anti-tank... something big to shoot! Enter the Tyrannofex with its poor man's bioform Rail Gun.
- The expense sucks but if you're taking one you'd better take two.
- Zoanthropes may be best for the remaining slot, but Deathleaper isn't bad - his ability is useful to reduce the Leadership of enemy Psychics.
- The Tyranid Prime is Farseer Tim's contribution entirely: cheap and screenable. The Swarmlord is popular, and I almost when there, but on consideration certain choices dictate a build... this monster is for outflanking Genestealers; moving on.
- The troops are to bulk the numbers; there has to be at least the feeling of a horde, because Grey Knights have utterly killed pure Monstrous Creature builds. Believe it.
- The Harpies and 3-critter Carnifex Brood are my innovation. The first provides a number of resources I'll find useful, while the latter provides an anchor to shove down the pipe. It remains to be seen whether these considerations improve upon what's already out there.
- I'm keeping the Brood of 'Fexes lean, other than the Furious Charge Upgrade. I think its 15 Str10 attacks on the charge, assuming no attrition, with the ability to reroll all misses thanks to multiple Talons. Despite it all, I don't expect this Brood to survive a game; it's not meant to.
That's my current thinking; I welcome all input, and I have no doubt my nascent beliefs will change when the models hit the table!