I really, really appreciate the help Lauby from Lauby Industries (yea, yea) gave me. His post really pointed me in the right direction, especially with the idea of using gold. I wasn't going in that direction with my previous efforts, but once I tried it I realized it was spot on. I'm hoping you folks like the scheme... and okay, obviously I like it, but I'm not set in stone here. This is not me asking for feedback that I'll then bitch about. Let me know what you think and I'll definitely accept any suggestions.
- I had a hard time finding a test model to stand in for the army, which is obviously a Footdar variant. I chose this one because it has large areas of cloth, armor, and skin - all of which the army has.
- It's a model I like but don't have an immediate use for. I've been looking forward to painting it for some time.
- I haven't worked out a design for the tattoos, so they look a bit random on this fig. Remember the armor will look more appropriate purple than it does here.
- I'll be using a neon green for the flames and guns, but only in moderation.
- This was a speed-paint. Taking out the time needed for drying, I maybe spent 40 minutes painting it. That said, I won't have the luxury of much more time per mini for the army... BoLSCon is 45 days away, after all!
- The Master Manipulator (every store needs one) might recognize it as a model he gave me. I hope he appreciates the use I put it to.
Okay, that's it - thoughts?