|So, 68 Genestealers to paint - and they came in all red and blotchy.|
|Cleaning and basecoating was an enormous *SELF-EDIT*... so much so that I asked the Little Tim that could to put together and clean his Daemons before I started on them. Lesson learned - this step sucked!|
|And we're off to the races! I needed something dark-ish and not-so-fussy, since there was 6-freakin'-8 of these bad boys, but it had to fit with the rest of the army.|
|This was me going in piles, literally. After the basecoat, I started spraying on the blues for the blue-black tones I was looking for, graduated from upper carriage to lower.|
|They're plastic. Wasn't so worried about chipping as about speed.|
|Here's the true basecoat then; all the details - mostly on the Scything Talons and Rending Claws, 'cause there is 6-'freakin'-8 of these.|
|The first batch of thirty, differentiated by yellow and green tongues.|
That's that, then! The Client Pimp chose to do his own bases to save on cost. These do need a matte spray though - I sealed them with regular spray for toughness, as I imagine they'll get thrown together a lot.
There are 68 of them!