It's a bit after midnight and I've got a full day of work before leaving tomorrow for Austin. So where am I at?
(PS: Overwatch, I'll be there this weekend, and in the tournament. That said... with the end of 5th my competitive spirit has suffered. That's reflected in the army I'm bringing, which is much more fluffy than fighty. Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you - make sure you introduce yourself, man!)
So stippling my undercoat took longer than I wanted... and so did drybrushing the silver topcoat. I deviated greatly from Brian's recipe (see last post for the link) at this point, simply because my silver turned out much more pronounced! Truth be told, it wasn't what I intended.
I left the vehicle for the end...
...and here's how the undercoat turned out.
At this point I switched brushes, both for appearance and speed. In hindsight, the bigger brush may have served me better drybrushing the individual models, simply because the coverage wouldn't have been quite as good.
Doh! Almost immediately, I swept the pilot's head clean off!
Okay... can't stop now.
Some of the Scarab bases had detailing, so I busted out the airbrush.
It occurred to me, that might not be a bad idea for the other models in the army. The 'Crons aren't all new, but I simply didn't have time to redo all the bases - I'll use what's there.
Nothing fancy. I'll wash these bits during the basing phase, right at the end.
Okay, time for washing! No problem - I own an airbrush... except I had no friggin' clue which wash to use. I own the new Citadel washes but opted to try these out first 'cause I have more.
And this is where I'm at - I had to take the time to try out each effect. I'm waiting for these models to dry before making a decision.
Back to it. I simply have to wash the models tonight before bed...
"If there is one thing we here at Privateer Press pride ourselves on, it's listening to our audience. You guys and gals have been d...
That's what I get for trying to upload pictures from a new device. I uploaded a fat lot of nothing. That said, I'm sure there are ...
I've been a bit under the weather this week, but I did get some painting done. I finished up this Grey Knight Librarian for the Tim Tha...
I wanted something to test out all the weathering products I've been purchasing. You know, before I go slapping it on all my models, un...